elishacare seeks to help restore hope, value and purpose to broken men and women in the community

Our 'home' page is a community blog, where we share the latest happenings of our community. Use the tabs above to find out more about us, and navigate your way through the community blog by using the 'blog archive' and the 'subject index' on the right.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Ladies' Craft Group

 
I just wanted to share something about ladies' craft group, which has been happening on and off for the past year...

I've really enjoyed getting to know a few ladies in our community whilst being creative together.  It's one of those things that you can't make happen unless you always turn up and spend time with people. 

I have to admit that I'm not the most outgoing social person in the world!  I like being at home and I like having time alone... 

In the beginning I think I was very much focussed on the craft as I was a little uncomfortable being in close proximity to new people.   However, as time went on I found myself caring less and less about what we achieve creatively and simply enjoying spending the time with ladies that I've come to care about. 


I still enjoy being creative with others, encouraging them and helping them to find things to do that they enjoy, but it's the journey in life that we're taking together that matters more.


Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment